[MacDV] A Bacic DVD

David Abramowitz david.abramowitz at verizon.net
Fri Apr 6 06:08:04 PDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 6:47 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> I created my movie in iMovie and now I want to burn a DVD that I
> can pop
> into my DVD player and watch on TV.  No iDVD themes, no funky music,
> just the project I created in iMovie.  Any advice?

Unfortunately, with the iLife apps there's no easy way to do this,
Tom, as iMovie won't burn a DVD other than burning a backup of the
iMovie project (which is just the source material, and cannot be
played in a DVD player).  The only thing you can do is send the movie
to iDVD, choose one of the simpler themes, then customize the theme
by removing the things you don't want (pictures, music, whatever).
Once you have this "Tom's Simple Theme" the way you want it, use it
to burn your project (no way around this for making a viewable DVD,
you must use iDVD when using the iLife apps), and SAVE it for future
use, so you can apply it to any movies for which you'd like the same
treatment.

- Dave