[MacDV] Authorizing iTunes purchase for my computer

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri Aug 10 08:26:27 PDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at Thu, Aug 9 2007, 8:18 am, Stephen Orbach wrote:

> I seem to recall a tip in either MacLife or MacWorld where you
> could do it internally by first importing it into Wiretap ( I
> think) which would strip the DRM  and then re-importing them into
> ITunes.

Wiretap is a recording app, so, though it would work,  I think this
would require real-time translation, which could get lengthy
depending upon the music involved. But it would save CDs.

I seem to remember once doing the export to audio out of iTunes and
reimport back in, but instead of doing it to CD, I was able to do it
to a disk image. However, current versions of iTunes don't allow
export of audio to anything other than an audio CD. I was going to go
back to try to find older versions of iTunes, but haven't gotten to
this.  I remember doing several albums worth of songs from the iTunes
music store to get them from protected AAC into MP3 format.

--
Dennis Fazio