[MacDV] Best way of saving large quantity of interviews

Sam spappal at gte.net
Wed Feb 14 19:47:52 PST 2007

I also think the best "least cost" way to store (archive) a large
number of videos in editable (source) form is still on good quality
mini dv tape.  I've used Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ for years with good
results.  I also use iDive software to automatically catalog the
tapes. It samples the video and you add labels or descriptions that
you can search for later, like a particular student. Each tape can
have a smaller ID number written on it if you want.

Sam