[MacDV] Formatting problem: video in PowerPoint

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Mon Feb 26 09:24:31 PST 2007

---- "Ehrhart wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your advice,  Mike, and CM. Nick, I did as you said, I cut
> to the chase and I have Flip4Mac. Works like a charm out of iMovie
> andQuicktime. Now I'm fortunate to have a new problem, fortunate because
> it's further along the food chain:
>
> I've been requested to do a type of caption/subtitle that iMovie doesn't
> include, so I am using my Final Cut Express 2.02. When I export to wmv via
> Flip4Mac, most of the options are not enabled and the audio won't come
> through. Is FCE not compatible with Flip4Mac 2.1.0.33 ?
>

> > For that then, you have to encode to your audience, WMV. All Windows
> > machines can play WMV, just like all Macs can play QuickTime files.
> >
> > Buy the Flip4Mac studio that will allow you to export to WMV and be
> > done with it.

I don't know if there are compatibility issues with FCE or not, but you could always work around and have FCE export to DV and then open the DV in quicktime and export from that.

On the other hand, you did say FCE 2 and the most recent v is 3.5, I think. So there certainly could be something there.

Lastly, could you use an iMovie plugin to create the subtitles you are looking for?

Here's one place that sells some iMovie plugins that might work for you:

<http://geethree.com/slick/index.html>
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net