[MacDV] Emergency Query on MetaData??!!

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Wed Jan 17 11:41:34 PST 2007

I'm trying to sync up two camcorders' footage via TIME STAMP
metadata. By "metadata" I'm referring to the TIME, F-Stop, and other
info about the shot.

I'm in an emergency-crunch situation on a job. I need some help, please.

I have to sync up and edit footage from two different camcorders (a
PD-150 and a VX2K). Half of the footage in each was shot independent
to the other. And half was shot simultaneously of the same activity,
from different angle, of course.

I'm looking for a way to sync up the simultaneously shot footage,
scores of shots.

We're making a promo video of specialized construction activity. We
had two cameras zipping around shooting the process.

The best way I can think of...I can't figure out how to make happen.

I want to utilize the TIME-STAMP data that runs continuously on a
tape to sync up the footage, but I don't know how to get the TIME
STAMP data to show up in Final Cut Pro.

Does anyone know if/how this is possible? It seems like a obvious thing to do.

I must deliver an edited version in a week.

Lanny
Willits, CA