[MacDV] Emergency Query on MetaData??!!

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Wed Jan 17 11:56:37 PST 2007

Oops. I forgot to mention one thing: the VX2K was inadvertently
running without recording any sound. None. While we don't need the
sound from that camera, it would have been useful for syncing up. But
it's not there, turned off. Thus the need for TIME STAMP. LC

I'm trying to sync up two camcorders' footage via TIME STAMP
metadata. By "metadata" I'm referring to the TIME, F-Stop, and other
info about the shot.

I'm in an emergency-crunch situation on a job. I need some help, please.

I have to sync up and edit footage from two different camcorders (a
PD-150 and a VX2K). Half of the footage in each was shot independent
to the other. And half was shot simultaneously of the same activity,
from different angle, of course.

I'm looking for a way to sync up the simultaneously shot footage,
scores of shots.

We're making a promo video of specialized construction activity. We
had two cameras zipping around shooting the process.

The best way I can think of...I can't figure out how to make happen.

I want to utilize the TIME-STAMP data that runs continuously on a
tape to sync up the footage, but I don't know how to get the TIME
STAMP data to show up in Final Cut Pro.

Does anyone know if/how this is possible? It seems like a obvious thing to do.

I must deliver an edited version in a week.

Lanny
Willits, CA