[MacDV] Emergency Query on MetaData??!!

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Jan 17 12:49:06 PST 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 3:01 PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

> I want to utilize the TIME-STAMP data that runs continuously on a
> tape to sync up the footage, but I don't know how to get the TIME
> STAMP data to show up in Final Cut Pro.
>
> Does anyone know if/how this is possible? It seems like a obvious
> thing to do.

In the capture settings is a parameter for selecting SMPTE timecode
instead of DV time or run time.
My experience is that if there is real timecode it shows right up in
the little time windows at the top of the preview window. ( even if
you didn't set for it)
If not , not.
At which point more crude solutions of noises ( out I know) and
actions have to be carefully looked at to synch it. put each clip on
a video tyrack and find the same thing on both. slide one around till
it works. I know it's not what you want to hear. Sorry
Jim