[MacDV] Rendering in FCP (Latest)

carlian carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sun Jul 29 20:35:09 PDT 2007

I was having problems in having to re-render quite a bit of footage
each time I reopened a project in FCP 6.0 and "sb"  suggested I reset
my scratch disc and other settings.   Either doing this, or
installing the recent upgrade to FCP 6.1 seems to have recitified the
problem, thank goodness.

Despite running the latest version of FCP on a 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core
Intel Xeon with 3 GB of RAM I am finding rendering is still a time
consuming affair.  Is this par for the course , or are there some
things I can do to speed rendering up?

TIA,

Ian Tucker