[MacDV] Export from FCE to DVD problems

KS ksay11081 at mac.com
Mon Jun 25 16:13:15 PDT 2007

I've just finished a standard 3x4 format, 4 minute movie  in FCE HD
3.5.1.  I can export a file for iPod and it looks great.  My problem
is every time I export a separate file for DVD burning in Toast 8 –
using QuickTime (with "Self-contained Movie either checked or
unchecked) the resulting burn shows dropped frames on playback.  The
video and sound are crisp but the playback stutters ever so
slightly.  The movie has a simple white on black title, mostly
dissolves, six wipes and some cuts.

The media resides in an external Maxtor 160GB FW hard drive.  The
drive shows 20.46G still available.
When I apply "Get Info" to the FCE Documents file where all the files
are stored it shows 6.24 Gig.

I notice since I've made several versions of this movie (Save As v.
01, 02, 03, etc.) that there are a number of files stored in the FCE
Documents folder on the Maxtor drive.  Could it be I have to copy all
the media to my internal hard drive to get a good burn?  I hope not.

I'm using an aluminum Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz, 1.25GB Ram and OSX
10.4.9.   How can I export from FCE to get a decent DVD to play on a
TV without dropped frames?

Thanks, in advance.

Karl