[MacDV] AVI to Mp4 (For iTunes Viewing)

Robert Salter robert.salter at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 06:39:53 PST 2007

I would like to apologize in advance if I'm not using the correct
terminology. I'm using an iMac 2GHZ Intel core 2 duo with OS 10.4.8
and what I'm trying to achieve is converting a 700MB Avi formatted
Movie to a Mp4 file to view within iTunes.

I have tried using Quicktime (AVI Divx 5.21 plugin and Flip4MAc
plugin); ffmpeg; Mpeg Streamclip; and DivXDoctor II. Sometimes I'm
successful, most times I am not. I think my problem is not being
familiar with the proper conversion (video) setting(s) for the above
mentioned applications.

1. For those apps listed above (or not listed) is there one program
which this group would recommend for the avi-mp4 conversion; and

2. would someone be willing to recommend the proper video conversion
setting to achieve a good quality conversion. One which can be
imported/veiwed in iTunes.

Thank You