[MacDV] FCP on intel Macs?

David Gilbert dgilbert at itee.uq.edu.au
Sat Mar 10 15:25:37 PST 2007

I have recently upgraded to an intel Mac (Mac Pro 17") and I am
trying to use my old copy of Final Cut Pro V3.0. (Don't ask why but I
prefer the workflow of V3.0 to any later versions).

Unfortunately, it keeps dropping frames on capture making the
software virtually useless. My guess is that non-native software is
going to run slower on the intel Macs when run through the emulator
(Rosetta?). Is this the likely cause? I have a stack of tapes I need
to capture (PAL 4:3) and I am loath to buy an upgrade to a later
version of FCP unless I am guaranteed it will fix the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

David Gilbert
dgilbert at itee.uq.edu.au
(Australia)

PS I am on Digest mode so please cc me a copy of any responses
otherwise it will take days to come through to me.