[MacDV] Voice over in imovie

Robert Green greenrw at shaw.ca
Wed May 9 18:40:39 PDT 2007

I have an intel core duo imac running 10.4.9 with imovie 6.0.3. I
purchased a griffin imic to do voice overs in imovie. When I plug in
the mic and select it in system preferences it seems to be working
because I can see the audio level indicator moving when I speak. When
I hit the record button to do the voice over the spinning rainbow
appears and stays. I have to force quit imovie. This happens when I
select the internal mic or the imic. Any suggestions as to the problem?
Thanks
Rob