[MacDV] Editing w/Voice Over

Mike Rehbein rotorwash at mac.com
Tue May 15 20:36:19 PDT 2007

This may not be on the mark but it might work, I am not an iMovie
expert, I simply keep trying stuff  and if it works, fine though I
won't know why.

Think of edits to the video this way. When you add a transition, and
the transition is 2 seconds long, it consumes about 2 seconds of the
video but not of the audio of the V.O. The V.O. is going to run
longer than the video, the more so with more and more video edits.

Just something to try,

Go to the iMovie help and type in   split audio
Then go split the audio

Next, lock the V.O. audio at each video segment.
To lock audio, go to iMovie help and type in     lock audio

This should keep the sync accurate on a video segment by video
segment basis and not let the sync get worse as the combined effect
of transitions add up.

If you were having trouble with the audio that was made during the
movie, switching to the timeline, selecting all and doing an extract
audio under the Advanced menu seems to lock audio to the video
segment by segment.

Mike