[MacDV] What does it take???

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Sat Oct 13 17:54:07 PDT 2007

Hi Nick,

Giving it a go now...

BTW, in regards to dual layer discs, with a video DVD, is the layer change
point a specific video marker or is it just disc information to tell it to
look to the second layer for the rest of the files?

Coj

Nick Scalise <nickscalise at cox.net>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
14/10/07 01:45 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [MacDV] What does it take???

On Oct 13, 2007, at 1:39 AM, Brett Conlon wrote:

> I then used MacTheRipper to download the disc to my drive, removing
> all
> copy protection etc, and used Toast Lite to do a data copy of the
> created
> folder (with VIDEO_TS folder) and it burned without error but it won't
> read when inserted into my home DVD player. Apple's "DVD Player" also
> doesn't recognise it unless I choose the VIDEO_TS folder via "Open DVD
> Media" where it does play normally - dead DL disc 3 (sigh).

I don't think that Toast 6 lite is supported in 10.4, but I could be
wrong.

However there is a freeware app out there that will take your
Video_TS folder and create a DVD Disk image for you that you can then
burn with the Finder and it will play in your stand-alone DVD player.

DVD Imager
<http://lonestar.utsa.edu/llee/applescript/dvdimager.html>

Good luck.
--