[MacDV] Video camera

Robert Green greenrw at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 29 08:09:03 PDT 2007

I didn't see anything on this in the archives so here is my question.
I have a Canon mini dv camcorder that I use outside quite often and
consequently have dust problems on the recording head. It is now past
repair and I want to replace it. The hard drive cameras sound like a
good idea but they are not compatible with imovie as they record in
mpeg2 format. Are there any hard drive cameras that  are compatible
with imovie or is there a simple way to convert mpeg2 to dv or
whatever format imovie can use?
Rob