[MacDV] Pixel size for "the BIG screen"

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Tue Oct 30 06:20:02 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I just subscribed to the list so I have no idea if this has ever been
brought up or not. I need to create a very simple animation for an
upcoming film festival. Basically it's just the festival's logo
slightly animated and some text that moves into and out of the frame.
This 30 second clip will play in a loop on our local theatre's big
screen between the festival's main films. I plan on creating the
animation in Flash since it's what I'm most familiar with and since I
don't have any other software suitable. The only animation I've ever
done was for the web so can anyone tell me what pixel size I should
use for a theatre screen? Are there any other considerations I should
know about?

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer