[MacDV] Re: How2 Correct Bright Stage Recording

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Apr 4 09:38:07 PDT 2008

There's very little you can do when you severely overexpose.

In Final Cut, you can duplicate the layer, create a mask over the
washed out area, and try to use the 3 way color corrector to bring
back what little detail remains.

Good lesson. Always underexpose. You can bring up the detail in a dark
image, but once it's washed out, you can't get it back.

  regards,

  sb