[MacDV] Re: Sony HVR-V1U - a good choice for a mac editing station with Final Cut?

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Apr 4 10:52:48 PDT 2008

You do not use USB with Final Cut, unless you have a chip or drive-
based camera (AVDHD)

You use the firewire cable for capturing the HDV in Final Cut Pro.
There is a small conversion to QT, but your files are native HDV.
You use the Sony 1080i HDV preset.

If you have Final Cut Express, during the capture process the media is
transcoded to Apple Intermediate Codec.

The camera (and it's slightly smaller sibling the A1U) is very popular
with the pro-sumer crowd. Lots of pros buying them for their home
movies and 2nd camera/backups to their full size cameras.

  regards,
  sb