[MacDV] Re: Importing sound from audio cassettes

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Aug 19 11:26:52 PDT 2008

Brian,

Your challenge is to get the analog (boombox) audio converted to
digital (computer) audio.

You'll need some sort of hardware device.

Possibly, the lowest cost is the Griffin iMic, I don't know what else
is out there that's similar. It's about $30.
It takes the red/white RCA outputs of the boombox (or other stereo
device) and has USB to go into the computer.

You have a choice of software to control the capture. The iMic comes
with some, or you can use the free download Audio Recorder 3.2, for
example.

Once it's digital and on your computer, it goes into iTunes just by
drag and drop or file>import.

HTH,

sb