[MacDV] iMovie -> HandyCam export problem

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Feb 10 09:29:15 PST 2008

I am thinking the same, to revert the video to analog and then if you
ever need to revive these archives may bring future problems as you
have taken the archives technically further back in time than
necessary.  I would suggest you back them up to mini DV or digital 8,
either tape format will not compress the iMovie data, if possible I
would choose the mini DV plus the same file on a hard drive.  With
higher capacity DVD disks just around the corner that would be a good
choice for future proofing the raw full quality DV files as well .

Gerhard