[MacDV] Re: forcing iMovie to display the dialog ["Your movie contains still, slow motion, and/or reverse clips which need to be rendered for this export. This will provide the best quality. Would you like to render them now?] again

Gordon Alley gordon at gordonalley.com
Tue Feb 19 20:06:51 PST 2008

If you want an archival copy of the movie, miniDV tape or a highest-quality
DV file on a disc would retain the best quality. What I've been doing
recently is to backup the iMovie and iDVD projects and associated media
files to a set of DATA DVDs.
Printable TDK DVD-Rs can be purchased on 100-disc spindles at CostCo for a
bit over $30, which works out to a bit over $0.30 per disc, so it can be
more time- and cost-effective than backing up to miniDV tape. I'm not sure
about the lifetime of the media, though.

-Gordon

On Feb 19, 2008 9:34 PM, <Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net> wrote:

> Norman wrote:
>
> >When I finish an edit in iMovie I export it to the camcorder
> >mini dv tape. From that tape I can make VHS or DVD.
>
> Is this typical? I would have thought one would export iMovie
> directly to iDVD.
>
> --
Gordon B. Alley
http://www.gordonalley.com