[MacDV] iMovie Still Render Bug- was: forcing iMovie to display the dialog ["Your movie ...

Mike Rehbein rotorwash at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 21:03:54 PST 2008

It is a great work around for the bug but for me, there must be yet
another problem with iMovie in that setting the Ken Burns effect to a
ratio of 1.00 for both Start and End has not kept the Ken Burns effect
from behaving as though the settings were set to something other than
1.00 at Start and End.
Thus, I gave up spending time trying to do so and have used alternate
work arounds.
One of the other messages I posted included a link to
http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/iMovie_HD_6_bugs.html
Or, I may not have left the link in because it deals with more than
the bug for this topic.
Thanks for posting it. The info is and has been around in a few places.
Since it does not work for me, I do not pass it along.

The cut to the chase story is, iMovie can not render stills without a
work around.
:)
Mike

On Feb 21, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Vince Salupo wrote:

> This thread has two titles and has been going for 4 digests and no
> one has
> mentioned the iMovie bug that is at the root of this still quality
> problem.
>
> It took me 4 years to finally get an answer but there is one buried
> in the
> Apple forums.
[snip due to list limitations]