[MacDV] Re: Importing Widescreen MP4

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 7 14:54:31 PDT 2008

Found a new approach to MPEG Streamclip. I imported that full quality
MP4 that I made with Handbrake and used MPEG Streamclip to convert it
to NTSC DV. The quality looks identical to the MP4. And it still
plays perfectly in Quicktime Player in a widescreen player.

But when I import the NTSC DV version into FCE, it does strange
things in the Canvas. Screens that are all text are so big you don't
see all the text. The parts with the widescreen video seem to be more
widescreen than they really are. I tried changing the easy setup
between basic and anamorphic, but that didn't seem to make any
difference.

I guess the next step is to make a few test edits, then export from
FCE and see how that turns out.

Steve R.