[MacDV] AVCHD

Robert rashton at telus.net
Tue Jun 24 07:40:47 PDT 2008

These are hard drive cameras. The only ones that I have seen hook up
to the computer by USB. The first that I owned was a JVC and made .TOD
files. A really pain to work with. Have to jump through hoops to get
it to work. Not worth it. Since then I picked up a Sony camera. iMovie
7 and the latest FCP sees and imports the video no problem. No hoops.
If one copies the files to another hard drive I'm not sure if imovie
or FCP would work with the files or not. If you want I could give it a
try. Hope that this helps.  Bob