[MacDV] Re: Capturing AVCHD

Ross Clark rclarkages at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 08:08:10 PDT 2008

Sure have them save the files on the DVD as a "DATA" file do not
convert them to a DVD playable file. You want the origina format file.
They should be able to just copy the file to their computer hard drive
and make a data file DVD (just like they would use the DVD to make a
data backup) and the file should work fine. When you get the DVD just
copy it to your hard drive and then use the log and transfer function
to get the file into Final Cut Express 4.
Good luck,
Ross