[MacDV] DVD Burning on a Network

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 3 05:46:36 PST 2008

Hi Folks,

It has been a couple of years since I needed to burn a DVD. A current
video project is destined for DVD. I set up my MacBook as a portable
editing station, edited the video in FCE, then discovered that my low
end MacBook does not burn DVDs!

I have two older Macs with SuperDrives, and all three are networked
together. In the past, if I recall correctly, I would create a
"reference movie" in FCE, then drag this into my iDVD project. I'm
afraid that if I move a reference movie to another Mac, all the links
to the clips will be broken.

So what's the best way to move the DVD project to a different Mac for
DVD burning? I do have a copy of Toast 6 that I've never used, if
that helps.

Thanks,
Steve R.