[MacDV] Sony Handy Cam CCD-V9

Trueman H. Hight thhight at comcast.net
Sat May 17 10:53:52 PDT 2008

My Son-in Law gave me 10 8mm tapes of our grandchildren growing up.
He asked me to put them on DVD for him and make a copy for myself.
I have an old Sony Handycam CCD-V9 which I hooked up to my Elgato Eye
TV 200 and proceeded to download the videos to my Power Mac G5 Quad
2.5, OS 10.4.11.
The first tape was fine and I was able to make a DVD using Toast 8
with no problems, however the other 9 tapes all played with a white
squiggly (technical term) line running across the bottom of the frame.
In the past when using various VCRs I have had this happen but the
VCR had a button to push to adjust the tracking to solve the problem.
I have not been able to find any info relating to this or how to
adjust the tracking on the CCD-V9.
Is it possible to do this or is this another problem?
Thank you in advanced for any help you may be able to provide.

Trueman Hight
Peculiar, MO