[MacDV] Imported video from Sony cam 2100E wont split into scenes/clips.

dtodonn danodonnellracing at attglobal.net
Mon May 26 00:41:24 PDT 2008

Hi.
I am based in Hong Kong, and I shoot underwater video as a hobby.
I shoot in PAL on a Sony DCR-VX2100E.
Recently bought MacBook pro with inbuilt iMovie HD 08.
Disc 08 prog will split imported video into clips/scenes, But wont export
edited video to camera.
 Mac knows this, and offer free download iMovie 06, which does export,
apparently.
Unfortunately, on importing video from camera,  06 does not automatically
split scenes into clips for editing.
However, strangely iM 06 will split /scene/clip from an NTSC video Cam
Yet the MacBookPro is supposed to recognise each signal, and act
accordingly.
So far Apples help line has been in denial.

Hopefully someone out there can offer a lifeline.

Regards,

Dan