[MacDV] Re: Playing DV tapes without capturing them

Sam spappal at gte.net
Thu May 29 08:08:20 PDT 2008

I had the same problem until I disconnected all other firewire and USB
devices (except KB and Mouse) from the Mac.  Try this first.

I don't know about Sony, but the Cannons can be tricky. I think there is
a section in Apple's support site for iMovie and FCE that lists the
video and capture settings recommended for the different device types.

Sam