[MacDV] imovie video fx

Robert Green greenrw at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 12 19:54:58 PST 2008

I am running imovie 6.0.3 on an intel core duo imac using 10.4.11.
Whenever I apply an effect to a video or still clip the clip appears
black after it is applied and when it is played, not only does it not
appear but the timeline shifts out of sync. The video that is played
is not in sync with what the timeline shows. The two effects that I
tried were slow motion to a video clip and the ken burns effect to a
still. Both resulted in the same problem. Any ideas for a solution?
Rob