[MacDV] Burning a ripped video to DVD

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Fri Oct 3 17:42:02 PDT 2008

It's not so bad, you just have to have the right tools.

There are multiple ways to burn your VOB file directory to DVD:

1) Toast ($$$).

2) DVD Imager (Free):
<http://lonestar.utsa.edu/llee/applescript/dvdimager.html>

3) Disk Utility (little fuzzy on details and with DVD Imager being so
easy, usually not worth the hassle):

	a) Create a DVD sized image.
	b) Copy over your VIDEO_TS folder to the root of the disk image
	c) Create an AUDIO_TS folder at the root of the disk - can be an
empty folder
	d) Covert that image to a CD/DVD master
	e) Burn to DVD

On Oct 3, 2008, at 6:24 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> Nope, no copy protection. I'll try disk utility first, then MPEG
> Streamclip.
> I thought once I'd used Mac The Ripper, it was just a matter of
> reburning
> the file to a blank DVD. Even with a mac, nothing is totally easy.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>

> On 10/3/08 4:09 PM, "Gordon Alley" <gordon at gordonalley.com> wrote:
>
>> If you have a recent release of Toast, you could use its functions
>> to create
>> a DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder.
>> Or, you could use MPEG Streamclip (freeware) to open the
>> appropriate .VOB
>> file and save it as a QuickTime Movie, which you could then drop
>> into iDVD
>> to create a new one:
>>
>> Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and
>> Windows<http://www.squared5.com/>
>>
>> If your original DVD is not copy-protected, you could just copy it
>> using
>> Disk Utility:
>>
>> How to copy previously-burned DVD-R video
>> discs<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2059?viewlocale=en_US>
>>
>> -Gordon
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just used Mac The Ripper to rip a 9-minute video from an
>>> existing DVD
>>> to my hard drive. Now I'd like to burn the same video onto a blank
>>> DVD.
>>> However, the folder I ripped from the DVD (named VIDEO_TS) has the
>>> following
>>> files on it:
>>>
>>> VTS_01_1.VOB
>>> VTS_01_0.IFO