[MacDV] Video for Enhanced CD

tombone98 at aol.com tombone98 at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 16:43:23 PDT 2008

Thanks Gordon.  (I had to cut my original post and you reply... moderator won't let it thru, file too big.? hope this makes it thru. Maybe it's because I'm sending from a Super 8 motel in Tennessee).

Yes that's right, it burns, verifies, shows up with a 2nd disc icon, the quicktime window opens, starts then freezes.

The .dv file is 890MB. I was able to get a nice 560MB .mov by going   share > quicktime > expert settings. It plays fine when I open it from the desktop, (is that what you mean by self contained?) but in the enhanced cd made in Toast it freezes up.

I made a 44MB mp4, thinking maybe the smaller size might help, and also a smaller .mov... same thing, plays from desktop, cd freezes.

On the slim chance it was a Toast problem, I sent the mp4 to the mastering lab; same result.

The artist, Mem Shannon, is giving me a minute to try and fix it.

thanks,

Tommy