[MacDV] Canon HV30

CFlatow cflatow at optonline.net
Sun Sep 14 13:20:57 PDT 2008

Nick,

I'd be interested in knowing what you got for $650. I have made a
bunch of calls and here's what I've found (perhaps I can save others
some time).

To get one for about $650 or under there are stores selling two cheap
alternatives.
1) Grey market (NO US Warranty)
2) USA factory sealed w/ Mfg warranty BODY with cheap, off-brand
accessories, for $650
For example, Canon sells the CA-570 power adapter that normally comes
with this package for $125, while one can get a 3rd party unit for
$20+ shipping. Canon sells the BP-2L 14 (750 Ah) for $80, You can get
a 3rd party BP-2L rated at 1200Ah or better from about $15 and up,
delivered (good for a 2nd battery, at least). etc.
3) Or,  USA factory sealed w/ Mfg warranty BODY only for $550, total.
If you can believe what they are saying....

The best price I've sen for one that appears to be complete Canon USA
package is $718.

Carl