[MacDV] Daing it I damaged my baby!!!

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 12 03:16:21 PST 2009

Hi video boffins,

Today, right at the very end of my family outing, I grabbed my camera
bag by the handle and didn't realise I hadn't clipped it closed so it
basically threw open and spewed my video camera (3CCD Panasonic GS400)
spinning forth right onto the tiniest possible piece of concrete
between the table and the grass (10cm further and all would have been
well). The impact snapped the small clip that holds the LCD viewer to
the side of the unit (no big deal and I found the snapped bit) and
there are a number of new scratches over the camera, but the biggest
concern is that when I turned it on the picture all looked very yellow-
ish. I turned it off and on again, removed and replaced the battery
and it made no difference. I rewound the tape a bit and played my
recordings prior to the incident and they play in the LCD panel with
full clarity and colour accuracy but anything previewed or captured to
tape after the damage is now yellowish.

Anyone have any similar stories or know what the damage might be
before I send it in for assessment?

Sadly,

Cojcolds