[MacDV] 2 questions

Mary Ann mjanosko at verizon.net
Mon Jun 15 17:32:51 PDT 2009

DVD label printer
1. My students produced a video yearbook and decided to burn the copies at
school instead of sending them out to be duplicated. We used paper labels
(DVD laser ones), but they caused a few problems. Some folks reported they
had to take the label off to make it play or play correctly.

Looking ahead, if we decide to do this again, can someone suggest a label
printer that would do more than just letters, and would not cost thousands
of dollars?

On the same topic, is using a great quantity of ink an issue for these types
of machines?

Advice appreciated.

Mini-DV tape vs. hard drive camcorder
2. I am about to buy a new mini-DV camcorder. I've settled on a Canon ZR
900. I like that the tape loads from the top, and it seems familiar to me as
I'm replacing a Canon ZR 80.

My husband can't believe that I don't want a hard drive camera or a flash
drive camera instead. My reason is that I've heard that these cameras can't
(or have problems) importing to either/both iMovie and Final Cut Express.
But I'm pretty vague on this.

Can anyone confirm/explain that staying with mini-DV tape is the way to go
when you have importing and editing as your objective?

Mary Ann