[MacDV] Snow Leopard and FC?

Gordon Alley gordon.alley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:56:40 PDT 2009

After my upgrade to Snow Leopard, I found no printers configured. But using
the Printers and Fax preference panel to Add a printer provided a Gutenprint
(open source) driver for my Epson Stylus Photo R200, which appeared to work
OK (but I didn't test it extensively). Then, a check at the Epson web site
uncovered a new Snow Leopard driver for it, so now I can select either if I
so desire (the options are a bit different).
While I was poking around in Printers and Faxes, I discovered that Snow
Leopard included a driver for my Epson Perfection 4490 Photo scanner, which
I didn't have in Leopard (at least, I never knew it was there, if it was). I
usually use VueScan, so hadn't missed it.

BTW: I just realized that the long delays (weeks!) in the MacDV e-mail list
seem to have been fixed. Good news!

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley