[MacDV] DVD problems

Gordon Alley gordon.alley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:14:36 PDT 2009

Have you tried another known-good dual-layer disc in the Dell? If it doesn't
play, you'll know its the Dell and not your burning setup.
Alternatively, do you know someone with a similar Dell computer that has a
dual-layer player? If so, try one of your discs in that system.

-Gordon

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Robert & Susan Lloyd
<lloyds at vermontel.net>wrote:

> I've been burning DVD +R DL.  They play fine on my macs, both layers.  They
> lose the second layer (apparently) when I try to play them on My Dell pc (it
> plays the first half fine).  I've tried two different makes of DVD: verbatim
> and (I think) memorex. I've tried burning them with  DVDStudio Pro, with
> disk utility and with Toast.  No difference with this problem.  I'm quite
> sure that the DVD player on my Dell should play  them.
>
> Any suggestions of what I might try next?  I'm trying to get a working copy
> to the person who is funding the replication, and it's nerve-wracking.
>
> If the DVD is replicated, will that solve this problem?  How do I know
> ahead of time?
>
> BobLL
>

> --
Gordon B. Alley