[MacDV] Storage

Donald Tully drdon at mwt.net
Mon Feb 15 15:30:10 PST 2010

Hi Jeanette - I think there are a variety of ways to get VHS into
iMovie such as using a DV camcorder as a pass thru between your VHS
tape player and your computer. I purchased a Canopus "converter" box.
It sits between my video player and computer. It is connected with RCA
cables to the video player and with a fire wire cable to my Mac. It
converts the analog VHS signal to digital. I open iMovie, click the
import button and let it run. Then you can use iMovie to edit the
video anyway you want to. BTW, I know this is another whole topic, but
I've done several of these using iMovie HD with great success. With
this last one, I tried iMovie '09 and hated it. Fortunately, I kept
iMovie HD and was able to go back to it.

Good luck with your imports...Don