[MacDV] iMovie '09 export error-36?

Joe Brennan jbtv at mac.com
Sat Jan 2 15:39:43 PST 2010

Just got an email from a friend. He's tried to export as a QT - no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
  Joe

"Unable to prepare project for publishing. The project could not be prepared for publishing because an error occurred. (-36)

The project is 1 hour 40 minutes. I tried even just doing 6 minutes of the project and I get the same error message.

I have tried searching the error at Apple, as well as Googling it, but I come up with nothing.

I have tried moving the project and events (actually the whole "Movie" folder to another computer. All the clips show up in both Project and Events, but when I play it to preview, all I get is the audio.

I was hoping you might have a suggestion as to what I can do- besides starting all over."