[MacDV] DVD Burning Options

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Fri Jan 14 08:16:09 PST 2011

Hi Steve:

I haven't used iDVD (use DVD Studio Pro), but just opened it up and it has
options to save as "disc image" and as "VIDEO_TS Folder". Not sure what you
have for DVD burning software on Windows but one or both of those formats
should work. (DVD-ROM UDF format will work for the VIDEO_TS folder). Network
or USB flash drive should get your data transferred over.

As for external burners, just about anything USB or Firewire will work with
a Mac. I made my own: picked up an internal Samsung DL DVD burner on sale
for around $20 and an external 5 1/2" drive case (USB/Firewire combo) for
under $50. Works like a charm. Or you can order something like this:

<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/VLU2SD22XLS/>

Cheers,
--
Gregg