[MacDV] EX3, BRAV folders, etc.

Tombone98 tombone98 at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 09:54:40 PDT 2011

Hi everybody-

I shot a 4 day conference on a rented Sony EX3. The manual told me I needed to set the format to SP1080 to be able to activate the ilink firewire port. This was great for me,  since all I really know is imovie 6. Everything was great until a very nice man borrowed the camera one night, changed it to HQ 1080, and the following day I neglected to make the format change, so then I could not import via the ilink.  I transferred the sxs card BRAV folders to my hard drive, but can't figure out how to open or convert the mp4's.

I do have FCP 6.0.6 on my computer, but haven't learned it yet. I desperately need to get this video to a dv file I can put in imovie 6. Been beating my head against the wall 3 weeks. Help me! Love you all.

Tommy McIntosh
New Orleans, LA