[MacDV] files for FCP

Tombone98 tombone98 at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 13:11:19 PDT 2011

I'm FCP challenged, but I know you good folks will point me in the right direction.

If I import HDV footage into  iMovie 6,  and save to Quicktime at "full quality," will the .mov file that results be as good, for use in Final Cut Pro, as if I had imported into FCP and created the .mov from there? Or how will it be different?

Or, what I'm driving at is, the people I need to get this footage to want the best quality video files from my mini dv tape...

thanks,
Tommy McIntosh

ps- is anyone familiar with this failure code?:   Failure code: 4VDC/1/40000003: VideoController