[MacDV] Blu-ray disc image creation Automator workflow

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 29 13:37:52 PST 2011

I haven't posted a message to this list for a while, and I want to be sure I
still can, so I'm sending a link to my blu-ray video disk image creation
workflow (I've just updated it for Lion).

It's based on information found here:
http://saas-ppm.blogspot.com/2008/11/playing-avcdh-content-on-blu-ray.html

You just feed it the BDMV folder from your blu-ray disk structure (you can
build one with tsMuxeR).

You'll need a blu-ray burner, of course, and Toast or other commercial
burning program, unless one of the free utilities (Burn, FireStarter,
LiquidCD, etc.) has been updated to let you burn blu-ray media at the size
capacity available. If any of them do I think Disk Utility may let you burn
to a blu-ray burner, but it won't let you use all of the disc. And the free
burners I know of all use the Mac OS internal burn framework, so they aren't
likely to do better. I don't think you need the Toast blu-ray authoring
plug-in just to burn a blu-ray disk image, though.

https://sites.google.com/site/llee040/applescript/bd_disc_image

Laine Lee