[MacGPS] Powerbook G3 GPS system advice??

Montez moneffer at comcast.net
Fri Jan 7 23:31:58 PST 2005

Hello All,
After 5 years, my offices says I have to change my sales territory. With
over 1000 customers in my new territory, I'm a little intimidated. I dread
all those lost trips. So I've decided to hopefully utilize an old Powerbook
G3/233 as a GPS system. I've looked at Earthmate & Street Atlas but as I
learn more there seem like to many obstacles.

Like:
1. Don't have USB port ... What do you think of Belkin's PCMCIA/USB adapter?
2. Operating system is 9.2 (told not to upgrade to OSX)
3. Need to replace battery but I think it only has 4 hour life.
4. Am not sure which software/hardware solutions are best.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Jeff