[MG] good 2-button mouse?

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sat Dec 14 10:34:16 PST 2002

Yup - two lasers. (in my bestest Dr. Evil voice - "Yes, there are two
Frikking Laser beams on the new Logitech Mouse)  ;-)

Nevin, do you find the performance of your optical mouse sketchy on all
surfaces? Do you use just your desktop? Is it glossy?

I do and I get jumpy mouse action all the time (my desk has a wood grain
texture). I have heard that picking up one of those slightly textured
uberslim mouse pads helps. Either that - or you have a lower optical
resolution with your mouse. The newer ones are higher (can't quote numbers),
and provide a pixel to pixel higher perfromance rate than a 'normal' or
older optical mouse.

Which are you using?

On 12/14/02 10:26 AM, "Nevin Steindam" <thenevin at ameritech.net> wrote:

>> I personally like Logitech's mice the best. Their optical two-button
>> mice feels very nice and simple, and the tracking is really smooth
>> (especially on their dual-optical mice).
>
> Dual-optical?  Does this mean there are two lasers or something?  Does this
> make the mouse less prone to jumping around?
>
> I like the smooth handling of optical mice, but I'm fed up with the way
> they can't keep up with fast movements.  Some games (Battle Girl, for
> instance) are practically unplayable with them.  I'm about ready to go back
> to the old-fashioned ball mice.
>
> Nevin

Bill Reburn