[MG] ATI video problem.

_ mautmank mautmank at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 06:50:48 PST 2003

John-
     You didn't say if you'd checked ATI's website for the most recent
driver, or what OS you were running, etc.  While I haven't personally seen
or heard about this problem, more info is always nice...

maut

I recently upgraded the video card in my G4 tower to an ATI 8500. Now I've
lost the ability to play several older games. Specifically I now get a black
screen instead of the game screen. I can hear the video in the background.

I know that this was a fairly common problem and there was a simple cure but
I've forgotten what it was and where I read about it. (CRS) Does anybody
have any info on the cure?

John

Can't
Remember