Unreal Tourney problems

Eric B emax4 at netscape.net
Fri Jun 13 14:06:56 PDT 2003

Hi there.  I have trouble stabilizing Unreal Tourney Game of the Year
edition to work with my Mac.  It'll play part of the first round, no
matter if it's practice or the tournament, and then just quit without
warning.  No error message in the finder or anything.  What causes this?
 I've tried with both a full and minimal install, used up to and beyond
200 Meg of RAM.  I've run both Mac OS 8.6 and 9.1, have tried official
and beta Voodoo3 drivers, have run it from both an internal and external
hard disk (that did make a difference at one point with Quake II and
III), and have tried just about everything under the sun.

Like I said, it'll start to play, and after about 5 to 15 seconds it'll
just quit back to the finder.   This also does this with Carmageddon 2.
 Can anyone give me some input on this?  What do I need the latest
version of?  Thanks for your help all.

Eric