[MG] Joystick/Game controllers for OS X and the HID

Gregory Davis grgdavis at swbell.net
Tue Mar 4 22:52:51 PST 2003

I don't know if I've actually gotten my CH Products F16 fighterstick working
in OS X yet.  I have gotten just about everything else to work.

I bought a nostromo D50 gaming pad and it works great with its included
software.

Currently I'm trying to finish up the last three solo levels of WarCraft III
so I can decide which race I'm going to concentrate on in multiplayer play.

The Nostromo allows you to program macros and assign them to keys so I'm
toying with the idea of programming some macros that I can assign to certain
spell casters so I just have to hit one button and click.  Should be a big
advantage in battle.  But it requires a lot of preplanning to pull it off.

I'm also trying to get my joystick working with macplay's incoming.  The
game is an OS X game and it supposedly supports a joystick setup but it
won't recognize my stick.  I e-mailed Macplay support and they replied back
asking me if I had installed any drivers for the joystick.  Since none exist
I replied no.  They said that drivers loaded would conflict with the game
and thereby keep the stick from working.  But that isn't the case with me.
CH Products doesn't have drivers for their USB and OS X products.  They are
relying on the Mac OS to "know what to do" I suppose.

on 3/3/03 11:52 PM, jerrywilson at jerrywilsons at mac.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is actually a question some one else put to another list, but I
> would very like to hear the answer myself.
>
> Has anyone been able to get a Joystick/Game controller to work with Mac
> OS X and the HID stuff in there?
>

> jerryw
> Rev A G3/400
> OSX 2.3
> Safari
> ICQ 166953826
>

> - - - - - - - - - - -
> Check out the MacGames email list FAQ
> http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacGames.html
>
> X-Router | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
> Dr. Bott | Now $139.99     <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Gregory Davis
President, iConsult LLC
#4 Willow Oak Cove