Can i undelete a savefile?

jpo anam at io.com
Mon May 5 09:22:20 PDT 2003

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's much you can do AFTER the fact.
When I was playing Angband or ToME, I found that I would often do
stupid things.  So I got in the habit of making backups of the save
files.  That saved my ass more than once.

As far as I know, though, once the character is dead, he's dead.
OTOH, though, I'm sure there's some 'dead flag' or some such in the
save file, that if you could edit the hex code, then you could fix it.

Try asking about at the tomeNET forums.  They might be able to help
you, or at least point you in the right direction.  ToME is a very
similar game to Angband, as you may know.

best of luck to you.

John

--
-- --

"If you take care of each moment, then you take care of all time."
   --  Buddha  --

   --  please look at my poetry site, if you're so inclined:
       http://www.poets2000.com/anam/