[MG] iMac Gaming card

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 14:07:28 PST 2004

Oh Dear! That's not good news at all!  I was going to wait till after
XMas anyway for price drops and good deals. but the suggestion to wait
till after MWSF is excellent.

Since I don't consider myself as a real hard core gamer but rather one
who enjoys single player FPS's and strategy games I'm hoping that the
"consumer grade" iMAC would probably be all right. Certainly it's got
to be better than my current semi-antique AGP/400 with an 8500 video
card. The G5 iMAC looks as if it will solve my need for improved
portability but yet preserve most of my game playing ability. I just
don't want to give up too much of future playability. Is that a
reasonable assumption?

Thanks for your suggestion
John